This feature will allow you to add the pack of the French translation, a new theme, a specific payment system ...
A complete list (166 on the date of publication of this post), here. This list is broken into three parts:
- Magento core: extensions created and made available by the Magento team
- Community: it is the contributions of all Magento users
- Commercial: free extensions for Magento
Once you have made the choice of an extension, for example, of an interesting Lazzymonk: Lazzymonks Wordpress integration (this extension allows to integrate a Wordpress blog to your shop).
The first information is to control the stability field of the extension.
Here you can see that this extension has a beta stability, keep this in mind we will use the setting thereafter.
Indeed you can not install an extension that is in beta if you allow only stable versions.
Magento Connect to connect
Since the administration interface of your Magento store, click the System menu, Magento Connect, Manage Extensions.
Enter your ID and password (the same one you use to log into your administration interface).
You reach the main page of Magento Connect Manager:
Set Magento Connect
We will firstly check if your manager is configured correctly, click the Settings tab:
As we saw in the first part of this post, to install our extension, adjust status on Magento Connect Manager Beta (or alpha).
If your status is in Stable, Beta choose to install this extension, otherwise you get an error message.
Save your changes by clicking "Save settings" to reflect your change.
Warning: it is advisable to use only stable option for a production shop.
Installing the extension
Click the Extensions tab, to return to the main page of the Manager.
In the "Install new extension", click the link Magento Connect, you end up on the main page of Magento Connect site, click Community and seek our extension: Lazzymonks Wordpress.
Once you've found it, click the "Get extension key" button, accept the license
Click the Select button to select the key, copy and paste in point 2 of the Magento Connect Manager
Click the Install button.
The download starts, Magento Connect Automatically installs the package.
Once installation is complete, you can see the message "Install ok".
Your extension is now installed, by refreshing your page, you'll see it appear in the lower part of your Manager.
We will see in a future article how to use this extension in your online store.
- Installing a new theme Magento Do not hesitate to sign up for the RSS feed to not miss any article.Si you want to install a new theme or template for your Magento store, two solutions available to you: You find a theme available on Magento-connect and use ...
- How to improve the display of his photos in Magento with Lightbox Please feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed to not miss any article.Lorsque you design your online business website, the visual aspect of your website is very important. This is the first impression that will make you want to or not ...
- Magento: Publish your store to your Facebook page with 2.5 Shopializable Feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed to not miss any article.Notre Shopializable extension is now available for Magento shops. Many of you have pointed to our store, it's now official! Shopializable, what is it? ...